#ownvoices author Shaila Patel seems to have had lightning strike right out of the gate. Her debut novel, Soulmated, has been collecting awards since even before its official, widespread release in 2017.
- 2015 Chanticleer Book Reviews’ YA Paranormal Winner
- 2017 Author’s Circle Young Adult Book of the Year Award
- RWA’s PRISM award for Best Young Adult and Best First Book
- Runner Up for the RWA’s ATHENA award for Best Young Adult Paranormal
- Georgia Romance Writers’ Maggie Finalist for Young Adult
I’ve just started the book, and I’m fascinated by the empath concept. The Indian-American and Irish cultures are both rich in history and I’m looking forward to seeing how Ms. Patel unites the two, along with our soulmated pair. Considering her infectious personality, I’m sure the romance will be written beautiful, even if Liam and Laxshmi have to walk through fire to get their HEA!
To learn more about Shaila Patel, please visit her website. You’ll find a charming tale on her About Me page about how Cinderella and epilogues inspired her writing career. Facebook – Twitter – Instagram